FREE SEMINAR – Sponsored by Wade Engineering – To all Members & Non Members
The Government of Alberta has released its Consultation Paper “Let’s Talk Condos”, seeking input from Albertans on proposed amendments to the Condominium Property Act. The proposed amendments deal with:
- Consumer protection for buyers;
- The rights and responsibilities of developers, condominium corporations, condominium boards and unit owners;
- Access to corporation records;
- Condominium Insurance and insurance deductibles;
- Repairs to units and managed property;
- Knowledge requirements and standards of practice for condominium managers; and
- Dispute resolution.
The Canadian Condominium Institute invites all condominium owners, directors and professionals to a special consultation and feedback session. The speakers will explain the proposed amendments and how they will impact you and your condominium corporation. They will give you the information you need to help effect constructive change in the condominium industry in Alberta. You will have the opportunity to ask questions and give your feedback to CCI and members of the Department’s advisory committee.
- Hugh Willis - Emery Jamieson LLP
- Deborah Howes - High Clouds Incorporated
- Victoria Archer - Gledhill Larocque, Barristers & Solicitors
Please pass this invitation to every condominium owner, director and professional you know. If you cannot attend, please give your feedback on-line at http://www.servicealberta.ca/cfml/survey/ before May 2, 2013.
Let’s Talk Condos
Thursday, April 25, 2013
Registration 6:30 PM – Seminar: 7:00 PM
Edmonton Scottish Society
3105 – 101 Street South West
Register through the CCI office by phoning 780-453-9004 or
Please inform the CCI office that you have heard of this seminar from GeniePad